Cascade Scientific CVO-5 (4.5 cu. ft.) vacuum oven
Manufacturer: Cascade Scientific
Condition: New. Ships directly from the manufacturer
Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty plus additional year warranty after registration (Gaskets not included)
Estimated lead time: If in stock, it will ship in 5 business days from acceptance of order. If out of stock, it will ship in 6-8 weeks after acceptance of order. Please contact us for availability.
Exceptional Temperature Control & Stability
The Cascade CVO-5 uses a unique control logic not found in most lab grade vacuum ovens. The temperature probe is INSIDE the oven, which minimizes temperature overshoot and delivers best-in-class temperature stability and uniformity particularly in the low temperature ranges. Accurate, stable temps throughout the CVO-5 eliminate hot and cold spots, making accurate use of every inch of shelf space.
Touchscreen Smart Controller
The CVO-5 controller is a flat panel touch screen with controls that minimize temperature overshoot. When the oven door is open, the controller will wait and not aggressively call for heat to attempt to keep the oven interior stable. When the oven is being vented, the controller will pause as to not over-react and overshoot temperature during this temporary event.
- Read Temperature in degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Read Vacuum in Torr, Bar or Inches of Mercury
Independent Overtemp Failsafe Protection
The Cascade Sciences CVO-5 is equipped with a heating cutoff system that will automatically stop power to the heaters when the oven shelf temps exceed 340°F or 170°C. This protection system will provide peace of mind for overnight processing or unattended vacuum bake outs.
- NRTL Certification #U8 170464972 077. No Extra cost.
The CVO-5 Vacuum Oven comes certified by the Nationally Recognized Test Lab, TUV. This certification is a requirement by many municipalities and is often an extra charge on low cost ovens.
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
- +UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
- CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
- UL 61010-1:2012/R:2016-04
- UL 61010-2-010:2015
- EN 61010-1:2010
- EN 61010-2-010:2014
- Rigorous Quality Assurance in an ISO Certified, USA Manufacturing Facility
Cascade Sciences manufactures our ovens in Oregon, USA. We are proud of our ISO 9001 Certification/Accreditation. Each oven completes a series of quality assurance procedures before shipment.
- Chambers are vacuum tested after welding for vacuum integrity
- Electrical & mechanical safety is thoroughly tested in compliance with TUV requirements
- Functional testing verifies user settable items consistent with most lab protocols/usage models
- Temperature verification includes calibration & temp chamber uniformity following ASTM standards
- Units are cleaned and packed in ISTA tested, certified packaging materials
- Equipped for Inert Gas Backfill. Built-In Safety Relief
Introduce inert gasses such as nitrogen, argon, helium, etc. as part of your process via the ¼” rear vent barb. The maximum backfill flow pressure is 15 psi at the delivery port. In an overpressure situation, a simple, built-in safety relief allows gasses to escape via a spring loaded tempered window. This is not a positive pressure chamber.
- Flexible Pumping / Feedthru Connection Ports
The CVO-5 ovens offer two different vacuum oven connection points. The standard connection is a 3/8th dia barb located at the rear of the oven. It is connected to the vacuum valve level on the front control panel. For even faster evaporation, purging or drying consider upgrading to the optional MAXEVAP connection kit. The MAXEVAP connection kit secures to the oven’s rear 1” dia KF-25 port located on the back center of the chamber and can be installed anytime. The MAXEVAP connection never reduces flow by continuing with 1” diameter vacuum rated clear lines, a 1” dia KF-25 side mounted vacuum valve and KF-25 fittings and hardware. This KF-25 port can also be used to run temperature feedthrus, or monitoring sensors inside the vacuum chamber during processing.
- Ergonomically Designed, Easy Quarter-Turn Valves
For anyone that has struggled with consistently turning the small, round, low-quality vacuum/vent valves, relief is in sight. You will love our large, quarter-turn vacuum/vent valves. Your wrists will thank you!
- ANSI Rated Tempered Glass + USA Made Steel
Cascade ovens are made in Oregon, USA with high quality materials. Our glass is NGI-USA Tempered and certified to ANSI Z97.1.2007 16CFR / 201 11. Our door handles are rugged brushed steel, not plastic. Our vacuum vessels are constructed with American made steel. We’ve tried lower cost, imported steel. But over time, vacuum chambers made of lesser quality/lower tolerance material cannot withstand the flex and pressure changes of vacuum pumping/venting/purging. This can deteriorate vacuum integrity and the oven will lose its ability to hold vacuum.
- NRTL Certified by TUV
- 5 each adjustable shelves
- Stable temperature control. Digital temperature readout with temp sensor INSIDE the oven
- Bright LED lights in window for visibility of sensitive material
- Touchscreen LED Control Panel with adjustable settings
- Smooth, quarter-turn vacuum and vent valves
- Energize vacuum pump from control panel
- Rear KF-25 port allows for rapid MAXEVAP purging or running feedthroughs inside oven for monitoring
- 120V or 220V power options are available
- Quality Tempered Rated Glass NGI-US to ANSI Z97.1.2007 156CFR/201 11 SGCC -2577 ½ UA
- Adjustable leveling feet insure your unit sits solid and level in the workspace
- Made in USA
|Volume||4.5 cu ft|
|Oven interior||18"W x 24"D x 18"H|
|Oven exterior||25"W x 33"D x 33"H|
|Shelving||5 removable, adjustable|
Ambient +26F to 302F
Ambient +14C to 150C
@ 105°F +/- 2.0°F
@ 40°C +/- 1.0°C
@ 105°F +/- 0.2°F
@ 40°C +/- 0.1°C
|Heat up from ambient to stabilization time||
To 105°F (40°C) 60 minutes
|Cool down time||
From 105°F (40°C) 345 minutes
1/4 turn lever
1/4 turn lever
Digital, selectable ("Hg, torr, barr)
|Rear ports|| Vacuum = 3/8th Barb
Vent = ¼” Barb
Auxiliary KF-25 Port
|Inert gas introduction|| Yes. Via ¼” Vent Barb
15 psi max inlet pressure
|Power||110V - 120V/ 14A NEMA 5-15|
|Shipping weight||449 lbs|
|Shipping dimensions|| 41”L x 41”W x 45”H
NRTL TUV #U8 170464972 077
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1:2012
+ UPD No. 1:2015-07 + UPD No. 2:2016-04
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-2-010:2015
|Vacuum pump (standard pkg)||From $2,819|
|MAXEVAP Connection kit||$750|
|Extra shelf with 4 mounting clips||$90|
|Solvent resistant door gasket||$99|
|High temp silicone door gasket||$99|
|PTFE shelf sheets||$175|
|IQ OQ kit||$2,700|